We Welcome Your Financial Support. Thank You!
We Have A New Way To Give. Easier And More Convenient!
If you appreciate this website and would like to support the work of Congregation Shema Yisrael, you can financially support our ministry in two ways:
1) One way to donate to Congregation Shema Yisrael is by sending a check. Make any check payable to Congregation Shema Yisrael; and mail it to:
Congregation Shema Yisrael
P. O. Box 804
Southfield, MI 48037
2) You may also use Tithely to process credit or debit cards, along with bank accounts as well! Click the”Donate” button on the right.
Why Support A Good Messianic Synagogue?
- There is a biblically based priority to Jewish evangelism. Paul, the great Apostle to the Gentiles, declared to the Christians in the heart of the Roman Empire: “I am not ashamed of the Good News, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first” (Romans 1:16). Messiah Yeshua commanded His disciples to go to all the world with the Good News about Him starting with Jerusalem and Judea (Acts 1:8).
- Israel is still precious to God; and what He loves, we should love. Rabbi Paul and Messiah Yeshua reflected the heart of God by willingly offering their lives up for the sake of Israel (Romans 9:2-4, Romans 10:1, and Matthew 23:37).
- Gentile Christians have a special calling to provoke Israel to spiritual jealousy. Salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous (Romans 11:11). Those Christians who obey this mandate will fulfill this part of their calling.
- Gentile Christians owe a debt to the Jewish people. Through Israel the promises and covenants were given. Through the Jewish people came the Holy Scriptures, which give us the knowledge of God and salvation. Through the sons of Israel came the Messiah, who has opened up access to God for all. It was through Jewish apostles that the Good News first went to the nations (Romans 9:4-5 and Romans 15:27). This debt can best be repaid by helping Jewish people find salvation.
- It is in the best interest of the Gentiles to bring the Jewish people the Good News (Romans 11:12-15). If Israel’s failure to recognize the Messiah brought untold spiritual riches for the Gentiles and if Israel’s rejection of Messiah brought about the reconciliation of the world, how much more will our acceptance of the Messiah be!
- The God of Israel promises blessings to those who share the Good News with the Jewish people. Those who bless the Jewish people will be blessed, and those who curse Israel will be cursed (Genesis 12:1-3). Bringing the Good News is the best blessing you can give us! It is the prayer of the Psalmist that prosperity will come to those who pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122).